Week 9
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
Yesterday I had my first follow-up appointment with my endocrinologist. We talked about how I was doing on my first round of HRT, and largely, things remain unchanged. No changes that I would attribute to the hormones. Plenty of changes I would attribute to being on the right track in life and no longer depressed.
A little Wayne's World flashback, DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do!
DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! Back to the present.
So my dosage was upped a bit with the expectation that in a couple of months we'll up it again to see where we fall on my levels.
So excited! Yay!
Edit: In my first 24 hours of having the new prescription, I messed up and took double dosage of E and NO Spiro for my morning dose. I am feeling quite high and full of energy.
As soon as I realized that I skipped the Spiro, i took one. I'll take another with lunch, skip the E, then for dinner, I'll do both as normal.
In my defense, the new E looks different from the old E (I used a new pharmacist), instead of a little green rhomboid, it is a large white round, like my Spiro has been and continues to be.
Yesterday I had my first follow-up appointment with my endocrinologist. We talked about how I was doing on my first round of HRT, and largely, things remain unchanged. No changes that I would attribute to the hormones. Plenty of changes I would attribute to being on the right track in life and no longer depressed.
A little Wayne's World flashback, DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do!
A couple of years ago, during a physical with a doctor I had been seeing for many years, he asked me "out of the blue": Are you depressed at all? To which I replied, "Of course not!" Forced a smile, cracked a joke, and went on with life. Not really even seeing it. That doctor moved away later that year, so I picked a new GP to do my annual physical. First question out of his mouth that next year, "Do you ever feel depressed?" Now, I don't know if this is some new standard of care that GP's in this healthcare company are asking or what. I gave him a similar reply. Later than year, that doctor took his own life. Last year, I met with a NEW doctor, not affiliated at all with the other doctors, and HE asked if I were depressed. Started to make me think... a few months later, here I am, having gone through an obvious realization that I was so deep in the depression, that I did not even realize it. Weird, right? So, are YOU depressed?
DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! DO-Do-Do-do! Back to the present.
So my dosage was upped a bit with the expectation that in a couple of months we'll up it again to see where we fall on my levels.
Edit: In my first 24 hours of having the new prescription, I messed up and took double dosage of E and NO Spiro for my morning dose. I am feeling quite high and full of energy. As soon as I realized that I skipped the Spiro, i took one. I'll take another with lunch, skip the E, then for dinner, I'll do both as normal.
In my defense, the new E looks different from the old E (I used a new pharmacist), instead of a little green rhomboid, it is a large white round, like my Spiro has been and continues to be.

Comments
Post a Comment