Still Week 9

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Today I feel my body is awash in glorious estrogen!  Not quite the euphoric high of yesterday morning when i accidentally doubled up on my E and inadvertently skipped my spiro but I feel "Good!"

I also got my eyebrows waxed at lunch.  I love the new look.  I believe my glasses will help conceal the fact that I have done this from my family... for a while.


Thursday, March 28, 2019

I was able to skip out of work-related dinner/seminar last night and put on minimal makeup (and use clothes in my car, and the wig I keep there) to present as female in the other side of town.  It was fun to be out as myself again.  Out of approximately 20-30 face-to-face encounters (meaning brief conversations with folks that you have when someone holds open a door for you, or place a drink order, or make eye contact with and just say "Hi", etc...) out of those encounters, I feel like one person was critical enough to clock me, but he kept it to himself.

Regarding being clocked by a man in a public place, like a pub, or restaurant, etc:  Most likely, if they clock you, (and I am reminded of that line from "Some Like It Hot" where Jack Lemmon's character's partner in crime replies to his statement where he does make a particularly pretty girl, "Men don't care about looks so much just so long as you are wearing a skirt!") anyway, MOST men let it slide if you are wearing the clothes of their "prey"... meaning a skirt, preferably cut above the knee, the higher the better.  However, if you get too high, then you run the risk of being clocked and outed by a female in the crowd.  Women seem to only get bitchy if some girl is taking too much attention away from them.  Remember, we are part of THEIR pack, and we need to abide by that hierarchy... I have no idea what that hierarchy fully looks like, but am picking up on some basics.  Bottom line, just try to blend in the with predominant dress code for the event you are attending.  In the case of a bar, dress age-appropriate, but remember that you need to dress for your "perceived" age.  Luckily, in my case, I think I am getting rated a few years younger.

I am in my late 40s, but I believe I am getting perceived as early 40s... MAAAAAYBE late 30s but I'd not bank on that.

Now today.  Today, I am planning on meeting my best friend.  He lost his father about 3 weeks ago, and I believe it is probably too soon to lay this "coming out" conversation on him today.  However, I will play it by ear to see how it goes... an edit to this post will follow... I hope.

I had come out to he and his wife about 17 years ago when I had my last crisis of identity and thought I was something other than a straight male, but had self-diagnosed myself incorrectly... that is a long story, but will fill in more detail later, if reminded.   So I would think that this should be a soft pitch for them.  Also, even though I still call him my "best" friend, we really only see each other once or twice a month.  Which, is a far cry from the 40+ hours we'd spend together each week throughout high school, college, and our first jobs after college.  But I understand that most 40+ adults see their "best" friends once or twice a YEAR, so I guess we are doing better than most.

Comments

Popular Posts