About Me

Hi there!  My name is Kathleen Scott.  Or at least it WILL be one day.  (I am hoping by 2022, if not sooner.)  I hesitate to say "Go Girl or Bust!" because it gives voice to no small part of my mind that would sooner let myself die rather than express the woman I am.

I was born a man in 1972.  No.  Scratch that.  I was born a woman in a male body.  I had female tendencies all the way through school but had been trained by my family and society to repress those tendencies and only express my "maleness."

I learned that overcompensation was nearly as detrimental, socially, as just being me, so I mastered a nice balance that "looked" normal.  I got married.  That failed.  I tried to find myself, but only with my half-truth being recognized, so I never got to the core of myself to let me out.

So, I got married again, to a wonderful woman.  A beautiful, inside-and-out, woman.  My unfortunate partner that would be by my side as I make this journey to womanhood.

Because life is never simple, we have two beautiful, smart, and as of today, well-adjusted girls whom I adore and will defend with all the ferocity of a Mama Bear for her cubs.  I spend most days wondering how to break the news to those precious darlings that they will no longer have a Daddy in the years to come.

To date, only my wife, my therapist, my wife's therapist, and two of my wife's friends, and you know that I am a Male-to-Female Transsexual.  Or "Transwoman."  There are also a handful of people who know who Kathy is, but have never met my dead self.  Who, is presenting as I write this, as a man, with a job, that pays for everything my family does.

In my life, there are probably countless people who "knew it all along," but they had to wait to find out... if they ever do.

Today is March 1st, 2019.  I consider today Kathy's birthday of sorts.  It is the day I started taking female hormones and testosterone blockers.  So the clock begins... Now.  My hope today, is that by Christmas of 2020, I will be living full time (or most of the time) as Kathleen.  I don't know how long it will take before my children MUST be told.  I am trying to mitigate their emotional damage as well as maintain my partnership with their mother for as long as humanly possible.  My wife, who shall remain nameless today, is a huge source of strength for me and I hope she understands that it is that strength that I find in her that has helped me find my own strength to even consider finding my FULL Truth and pursuing this journey to its ultimate destination.

That is me for 10,000 ft high.  The rest of the blog will zoom in on various aspects of my life MUCH closer up and emotionally charged.

Cheers!

Kathleen Scott

Comments

Popular Posts